We hope you are keeping safe and well. This is an update regarding the phased re-opening of school and a summary of key facts that we had communicated to you earlier.
We are happy to let you know that after the ADEK HSE inspection and the Health Authority Inspection, Merryland has received the NOC to reopen and commence operations from 30 August 2010.
The academic year begins for all students (KG to Grade 12) on 30 August 2020.
Face-to-face or Online
1. Starting 30 August, students from KG to Grade 5 can attend face-to-face classes on alternate days; or opt for full-time distance learning. If you have opted for face-to-face classes and are unsure about which group your children belong to, or which day they should be attending, please contact the class teacher/school.
2. Starting 30 August, students of Grades 6 to 12 will engage in distance learning and will only return to school after approval from ADEK. We will inform parents about when they will be permitted to return to school.
No student will be allowed to attend classes until a health declaration form is submitted.
If a student has chronic conditions, cancer, kidney disease, asthma, pulmonary disease, weakened immune system, cardiac condition, type-2 diabetes, sickle cell disease,etc, special exemption needs to be taken from ADEK Covid response team to attend classes. For apply for this special exemption application to attend class, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org a certificate from a doctor allowing them to come to school. We wil let you know as soon as the exemption is granted.
Attendance is compulsory for all modes of learning (face-to-face or distance learning). A student will be marked absent if he/she fails to attend classes. Parents will be contacted if a student does not report for distance learning. Parents must notify the school of their child’s absence in case of face-to-face learning.
1. For face-to-face lessons, timings for KG to Grade 5 will be 8:00 am to 1:30 pm.
2. Online classes for KG will be conducted between 3 pm and 5 pm and between 3 pm to 4: 40 pm for Grades 1 to 3.
3. Online classes for Grades 4 to 6 will be conducted between 8:00 am to 1: 30 pm.
4. Online classes will be conducted between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm for Grades 7 to 9, and between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm for Grades 10 to 12.
Dispersal for KG to Grade 5
1. There will be a staggered dispersal and students using Zenith transport will board the buses at 1:00 pm (KG to Grade 3) and 1:30 pm (Grades 4 and 5).
2. Parents should arrive at school only at 1:30 pm to pick up their children if they use parental transport.
3. Parents who come to pick up their children are advised not to step down from their vehicles and must leave the parking lot as soon as their children board the vehicles.
COVID- 19 test and Travel History
1. A negative COVID-19 test report is not required for students of KG to Grade 5 for attending face-to-face classes.
2. However, students from KG to Grade 5 who wish to attend face-to-face classes from 30 August must declare their recent travel history.
3. When students of Grades 6 to 12 can attend face-to-face lessons, they must provide a negative COVID-19 test report, and travel history. Details of how they will be tested will be provided later.
1. Unwell children should not be sent to school. Parents are also required to take the temperature of their children every morning before leaving home for school.
3. Students must bring their food, water, pens, pencils, erasers, markers, and personal hygiene kits including hand sanitizers, wipes, and masks. Sharing of any of these items will be strictly forbidden.
4. Parents will be allowed to enter the school beyond the designated pick up and drop off area only under special circumstances; and must have a negative COVID-19 test with a validity of 72 hours, and a scheduled appointment.
RULES FOR PARENTS VISITING THE SCHOOL
During school hours
• parents can only be allowed onto the school premises under special circumstances
• if they have a valid negative COVID-19 test result (72 hours’ validity).
• they should not be meeting with teachers or leadership team,
• meetings should only be virtual.
After school hours
• Parents can visit the school only with an appointment and
• will need to observe all the health and safety measures.
• limited area and movement on school premises
• limited interaction with staff.
Thank you for your co-operation