Our school uniform ensures conformity and uniformity but more than that it gives our pupils a sense of belonging to the family of Merryland. It brings all pupils to a common platform irrespective of colour, creed, religion or ethnicity.
We want our pupils to respect the uniform and be proud of it. We want them to wear it with dignity and not just for conformity.
We want them to look smart and presentable at all times. Modesty is a virtue and what better way to portray it than through the school uniform.
So uniforms must be clean and ironed, shirt collars must be buttoned, ties strung up, shoes polished and hair neatly groomed. Girls must have their hair neatly plaited or covered with a head scarf and skirts must be well below the knee. Boys at all times must crop their hair short and must not grow them beyond a reasonable length. Both boys and girls are expected to groom their hair and maintain a healthy scalp to avoid infestations. At no time will fancy hairstyle or colouring of hair be permitted.
All uniforms must be purchased only from the authorized uniform suppliers.
Iris International School Supplies LLC, Branch of Abudhabi,
Address: C157,Building No 34,Al Shuara street,Mussafah – Abu Dhabi
Phone: 02 554 4446
Location map: https://goo.gl/maps/5bGULMwMS5Bu262K7
Place your uniform orders online at www.irisuae.ae
On special occasions like National Day or birthday celebrations pupils will be expected to dress in a suitable manner pertaining to the occasion. Girls will be required to dress modestly at all times and boys will not be permitted to come to school in half- pants even on special occasions.
- The FULL UNIFORM (either FORMAL or SPORTS strictly according to the time table) is required while you are at school.
- The SPORTS UNIFORM is permitted during Sports and on PE days only.
- The only time that students are permitted to wear anything other than the school uniform, is when they have been authorized to do so by the School Principal or on birthdays. However, half-pants and short skirts are strictly prohibited.
- Hair must be neat, clean, well- groomed and trimmed short at all times for boys and should be of one natural colour.
- The senior boys are always expected to be with clean-shaven face at all times. We want our senior boys to be mature enough to adhere to the school uniform policy and not to wait for constant reminders.
- Girls may add a neat ribbon to plait the hair, or comb it neatly to a band at the back.
- No makeup, nail polish, body art or visible body piercing of any kind is permitted.
- Trousers and track pants are to be worn above the hips and boys must wear black leather belts with a simple non-ornamental buckle.
- All buttons on shirts and blouses are to be fastened at all times.